About Zzoma: For Physicians
What is Zzoma?
The Zzoma Positional Device is an FDA-Cleared Class II (prescription only) Positional Medical Device intended for the treatment of mild to moderate positional obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Designed by board a certified sleep physician Dr. Joseph Crocetti, Zzoma is a positioner worn around the upper torso to restrict patients from moving from the lateral to supine position. In a clinical study, Zzoma was found to be a clinically proven effective treatment for patients with positional OSA1. Download a printable information sheet for patients here.
Why Prescribe Zzoma?
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee (30-day Trial Period)
- 1-Year Warranty
- Clinically Proven
- Physician Designed
- FDA Cleared
- Affordable Alternative to CPAP
- Professional Substitute to “Tennis Balls Therapy”
- Doesn’t Disrupt Sleep
- FREE SHIPPING in the United States
- Please fill out a prescription for “Zzoma” with diagnostic code G47.33.
- Fax prescription to 1.267.222.1000 OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refer patients to www.ZzomaOsa.com or 1.877.799.9662 to purchase Zzoma.
- Zzoma is generally an out-of-pocket expense ($189.95).
The 2009 AASM guidelines relating to treatment of positional therapy state:
“Positional therapy, consisting of a method that keeps the patient in a non-supine position, is an effective secondary therapy or can be a supplement to primary therapies for OSA in patients who have a low AHI in the non-supine versus that in the supine position (Guideline).21 Because not all patients normalize AHI when non-supine, correction of OSA by position should be documented with PSG before initiating this form of treatment as a primary therapy (Consensus). A positioning device (e.g., alarm, pillow, backpack, tennis ball) should be used when initiating positional therapy (Consensus). To establish the efficacy of a positioning device in the home, providers should consider use of an objective position monitor (Consensus). Treatment specific outcome indicators to monitor with therapy include: self-reported compliance, objective position monitoring, side effects, and symptom resolution (Consensus).”
An effective, comfortable and affordable CPAP alternative:
In a multi-center clinical study2 of patients with positional OSA, Zzoma was as effective as continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) at:
- Normalizing and effectively treating their OSA
- Improving blood oxygen levels during sleep
- Maintaining sleep quality
- Normalizing the apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) to less than 5 events per hour
- Decreasing the AHI by over 50%
With CPAP compliance rates below 50%3, you can prescribe Zzoma as a great alternative for patients who struggle to properly adjust to CPAP treatment due to factors like claustrophobia, mask discomfort, nasal congestion and/or eye irritation. Zzoma is also an affordable alternative to CPAP therapy.